Monday, March 18, 2013

Girl Scouts

Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer for Girl Scouts

10. You get to have some amazing Girl Scout cookies!
9. You get to do fun activities.
8. You have amazing new experiences.
7. You get to have hands on volunteering in community.
6. It opens doors to new volunteering opportunities in the Bennion Center.
5. You get to take ownership of your volunteering experience.
4. You get to meet some wonderful people you would not be able to otherwise.
3. You get to develop mentoring relationships with the girls.
2. You get to change young girl’s lives.
1. You have the opportunity to guide girls to build courage, confidence and character to make the world a better place!

Bonus:  you get to hang out with Olive and Valery!


Reasons we volunteer:

Olive: Volunteering for the Girl Scout program at the Bennion Center came naturally for me since I have been involved in Girl Scouts since first grade. When I first got involved, I wanted to give young girls the opportunity to have some of the same experiences I had within scouting and I continue to volunteer to develop leadership skills and to get new experiences.
Valery:  I worked at a Boy Scout camp before coming to the U.  The experiences and feelings I had there gave way to me wanting to keep regularly volunteering.  I found the Girl Scout program in the Bennion Center and learned of what they stood for.  I believe in those things too and being able to have girls learn and explore makes volunteering even better. I believe that by volunteering we are more aware of the people around us and our desire to help and contribute in our community increase. 

We love what we do with Girl Scouts and we want to share that with you!

-Olive Poulson and Valery Kennion, Girl Scouts Program Directors

No comments:

Post a Comment